Tuesday, February 24, 2009

DETAILS OR NO DETAILS

Are you a detailed kind of person or do you just skim over the details? What about God? Do you think He cares about the details or no? Read Exodus 36, 37 & 38 and tell me if you think God cares about the details.

How many curtains for the tent? How long was the ark? How many inches wide? What kind of wood were the poles made from? What direction were the creatures' wings spread on the lid? Which direction did they face? What about the table? What kind of wood? How many rings? Where were they put? Then there's the altar. The details seem to go on and on.

When I read this chapter I thought, "Wow! Look at all these details." I'm not sure why God wanted us to know all these details. I'm reading this on my phone so I don't have the luxury of having commentaries spread out before me but a couple of things came to my mind...

* God gave specific instructions on how to build the Ark of the Covenant, the tent...all the way down to what the priests were suppose to wear. Exodus 39:43 says "Moses looked closely at all the work and saw they had done it just as the Lord had commanded. So Moses blessed them." (NCV) Do you think God cared whether the Israelites would/could be faithful to follow out His instructions...down to the very last, little item?
* If God was THIS specific with what they were suppose to do, do you think God is THAT specific with what we're suppose to do? Do you think God intends for us to just coast through life or does He have something very specific FOR US to accomplish? Does He have a plan for us? Read Jeremiah 29:11-13
* When things are going on in our lives - good or bad - do you think God sees and cares about what's important to us? Read I Peter 5:7

So...What about God? Do you think He cares about the details or no?
I vote DETAILS...YES!!

No comments: