Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WITHOUT FEAR

Today is Christmas Eve. Tomorrow we celebrate the birth of Jesus!! For some reason this year I have tried to focus on Jesus more, make Him more a part of MY Christmas…specifically in my heart. I think it’s because so many are trying to take Jesus out of Christmas. It’s made me want to make Him MORE part of mine.

Jace preached this past Sunday evening. One of the questions he asked is “What does Christmas mean to the world?” (That might not have been the exact wording.) The world thinks of parties, presents (what to buy, what they want to receive), shopping, food/eating, decorating the house. That’s not really any different from what we think about, is it? It’s so easy to get caught up in all of that. But it doesn’t stop there. We know it’s so much more. Can you imagine not knowing Jesus now? Will you be around friends and family who don’t know Him personally? I know I will. How can we share Him? How can we help them see how important He is to us? How can we help them to see they need Him too?

It’s hard to share with those whom we’re closest to, isn’t it? I pray that God, personally, gives me boldness. I pray that somehow I make Him a part of my conversation. I want those around me to know how important He is to me. Will I be considered a fanatic? Will they think that’s all I think about? Gosh, I sure hope so.

Lord, help us, your servants, to speak your word without fear. Acts 4:29b (New Century Version)

Then, Lord, help me to live in a way that lets them SEE your word - alive in me.

No comments: