Saturday, November 15, 2008

MRS. SPICER'S BLOGGIN'

I've been talking to Kevin C. about twitter, blogging, etc. I need lessons! I need time and I'm not sure I have that much to say. If you know me and you just read that, I'm sure you're thinking "yeah, right" but it's true.

Well, it's been a month since our trip to North Georgia. Did I say I love it up there? Terry would only have to say once "we're moving." No looking back, I'd be gone. I'd miss Florida. I'd miss family. I'd miss friends. I'd miss PLBC but you know the saying "Home is where the heart is" and Terry's my heart so as long as we're together, it'd be good. I've never lived anywhere but Jacksonville but I'd sure like to move up there where you have four seasons and beautiful scenery. We've got the river. We've got the Atlantic but I'm sure just partial to the hills. I'm not much of a beach person. Give me the hills any day of the week. Ya know, America has such diversity when it comes to the scenery. Terry and I were talking about traveling the other day. I would be content in just seeing the good 'ole USA. He wants to travel oversees. Hmm! I'm not so sure I'm that brave right now.

We're having a day at church tomorrow honoring our service men and women. I appreciate those who make sacrifices so I can be safe and enjoy the freedoms we have today. Tommy's been preaching a lot lately about our nation and how blessed we are and why we've been so blessed. I am so blessed to be able to live in such a beautiful country. I'm beyond being amazed at how fortunate I am to be an American. But...we are very spoiled, aren't we? Right now, it's pretty scary to think about what may be on our horizon as a county. Keep trusting in Jesus! That's all that can be said. God is always in control. Everything that can happen and everything that will happen will be completely according to His plan and purpose. Oh, I'm so glad I know THE risen Savior.

Tomorrow's SS lesson is on faith/the power of prayer. (I'm not teaching.) Do we really believe that? If so, we better get busy putting that into action, and we better get busy sharing our faith with others. Without Jesus, there is absolutely no hope. I cannot imagine facing the times we are in without knowing Him.

Well, so much for not having much to say. I'm watching the Gator-S. Carolina football game. It's so one sided, I can easily turn my back to the TV and know the outcome will still be in as expected. IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!! IT'S BETTER TO BE A CHILD OF GOD!!

No comments: